The Mighty KMET
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mighty KMET

The Best Los Angeles Radio Station EVER!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The world would be a sad place if there were no music! ~~~~~~~Long live Rock and Roll & The Mighty KMET!

Random thought

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyn
Mod
Mod
Cyn

Random thought Empty
PostSubject: Random thought   Random thought EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Some of you may have seen the survey that The Sound sent out re: the KMET weekend. The nature of some of the questions has me wondering if they are testing the waters to see if morphing into The Mighty Met might be feasible. They wanted to know what I loved the most about KMET, if I would like to see more KMET weekends, how The Sound can improve, etc. Maybe they saw the frenzy that it caused and are thinking about it. Any thoughts on the subject? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pepper
Admin
Admin
Pepper

Random thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thought   Random thought EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Well, it is already public knowledge that their rating went way up that weekend.
I would personally consider myself dense if I did not take notice of that fact, if I were a
station manager lol! 

I really like The Sound, I think it is a perfect scenario, and they already have streaming ability where the internet as a whole can pick it up, seems a no brainer, as some say, to me.

And as a global fansite, we could certainly help spread the word, while having a social fan network that has dozens of capabilities to help bring it all together, building that community spirit.

geek
Back to top Go down
https://themightykmet.forumotion.com
Cyn
Mod
Mod
Cyn

Random thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thought   Random thought EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

I agree Pepper! It seems like they have the best chance of making it happen! It wouldn't even be that difficult. They just need to give the D.J.'s free rein to play what they like, say what they like, and allow them to play more current stuff along with the classics. The fact that it is owned by a Mormon corporation does worry me a bit. I have nothing against Mormons, my great grandparents and grandfather were Mormon. The thing is, if there are restraints placed on the D.J.'s, it won't be anything like KMET. So far they are doing a great job, love The Sound, but if it becomes The Mighty Met, they need to back away and let the jocks do their thing.Wink
Back to top Go down
SoCalChelle
Mod
Mod
SoCalChelle

Random thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thought   Random thought EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:08 am

As I mentioned in another post here, I really think 100.3 is our best chance at reincarnation. They have an amazing broadcasting range and they really seem to get the KMET vibe. Way easier than starting from scratch, I say!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random thought   Random thought Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thought
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mighty KMET :: The Storytellers Forum :: Random Thoughts and Stories-
Jump to: