The Mighty KMET
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mighty KMET

The Best Los Angeles Radio Station EVER!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The world would be a sad place if there were no music! ~~~~~~~Long live Rock and Roll & The Mighty KMET!

About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pepper
Admin
Admin
Pepper

About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission! Empty
PostSubject: About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!   About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission! EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:19 pm

We are a network of loyal and dedicated fans of the de-funct radio station KMET 94.7. Our goal is to revive the spirit of the radio station once referred to as The Mighty KMet , and re-establish an American Iconic Dream! The WhooYa! Generation is still Alive & Well, and with a growing team effort, intend to bring that spirit back to the air, in the form of today's modern internet. If you were a fan of KMET, Jim Ladd, Paraquat Kelley and the whole zany crew, join us in a TEAM Effort to Bring Back The Mighty Met on Internet Radio. This website is dedicated to this effort!

The Mighty KMET Network

Last edited by Pepper on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://themightykmet.forumotion.com
oldschoolrocker76

oldschoolrocker76

PostSubject: Re: About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!   About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission! EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:20 pm

COUNT ME IN!!
Back to top Go down
Cyn
Mod
Mod
Cyn

PostSubject: Re: About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!   About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission! EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Most excellent rocker! Great to see ya here! cheers
Back to top Go down
SoCalChelle
Mod
Mod
SoCalChelle

PostSubject: Re: About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!   About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:53 am

I worked in the O.C. today and listened to 100.3 the sound throughout the day and almost all the way home to the far end of San Bernardino County. That station has a great broadcasting range and they really seem to get the KMET vibe. IMO our best chance lies with them. What if we could get them to hire all the DJ's and resume the dream? They've already shown interest by having that KMET weekend. It just seems like it would be easier than starting from scratch. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Cyn
Mod
Mod
Cyn

PostSubject: Re: About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!   About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:58 pm

I totally agree about The Sound! It would be easy for them to simply go free form, start playing some new stuff, and they already have Cynthia Foxx and maybe some of the others might want to come back, but it looks like most of them have moved on. Realistically, if KMET had stayed on the airwaves, chances are that the old D.J.'s would no longer be there anyway. The D.J.'s that The Sound already have are doing a great job, and would no doubt love to have the freedom to play what they want. The Sound already has a "listen live" link, so they can go international. It would be a win-win situation. They would have a huge ratings boost, and we would have The Mighty Met back. They could call themselves "The Sound of KMET", or something similar. I have a cold, so have been under the weather, but am still fired up about this. I have already made my opinion known to The Sound several times, and if we really start to campaign for it, who knows????  rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!   About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission! Empty

Back to top Go down

About TMKMET ~ The Mighty Mission!
Page 1 of 1